Linux Kernel Wiki
Segmentation & Paging
- What is segmentation?
- Segmentation in Linux?
- What is paging?
- Paging in Linux?
- Difference between segmentation & paging?
- What is page fault?
- What is demand paging?
- What is page table?
- What is page replacement algorithm?
Virtual Memory Manager
- What is kernel preemption?
- Which file operations do not have any affect on file?
- How syscall is invoked in Linux (int 0x80 & sysenter)?
- What is linux-gate.so.1?
- What is process address space?
- Difference between Semaphore & Spin lock?
- Spin Lock & (Uni Processor + Uni Image)?
- Spin Lock & (Uni Processor + SMP Image)?
- How fork() works?
- What info about Zombie process is kept?
- How is sleep() implemented?
- Atomic operations?
- Difference LWP & Process?
- How debugger traces a user process?
- How syscall returns?
- Difference bwt normal function invocation & syscall invocation (in terms of stack & registers)?
- What is a kernel thread? How is it different from normal process or thread?
- What all data is copied when a child process is created?
- What all data is shared btw process & its thread?
- Difference interrupt & exceptions?
- Maskable & non-maskable interrupts?
- Interrupt, Exception , Kernel Preemption?
- Softirq & Tasklets?
- What is ksoftirqd?
- How and when to disable kernel preemption?
- How and when to disable interrupts?
- What are memory barriers?
- What is Big Kernel Lock?
- Kernel Scheduling Policy?
- Slab Allocator?
- Page Fault?
- Parameter passing in a syscall? More than 6 parameters?
- What is vsyscall page?
- How and when are signals delivered to a process?
- Signal handling in case of threads?
- How are signal handlers executed?
- What is the role of VFS?
- What are struct inode, struct file, struct fs_struct, struct dentry?
- How are files opened by a process linked to a process?
- Use of dentry?
- Structure for directory?
- Given a filename how to find its inode?
- Same process opening same file multiple times?
- Different processes opening same file?
page revision: 4, last edited: 11 Apr 2007 14:08